CO2 at dark periods

In a message dated 98-07-23 04:13:05 EDT, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
writes:

<< During the the ballasts heat the co2 system  and it bubbles wonderfully and
 at night it  slows down  or stops till the next morning.
 Is this acceptable or  does it need to deliver  co2 all night also?
 TV >>

I have my CO2 on a a siliniod valve that only allows it on when the
lights are on.

Thing is in the dark the plants use oxygen and emit CO2 while in the
daylight they use CO2 and emit ozygen.  The CO2 should cause little
harm except for possible lowering the pH excessively.  Some people
regulate the CO2 by the pH reater than use a timer as I do.

Dennis