Marital relations

> From: "John W. Lemons III" <jlemons at myriad_net>
> Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #387
>
> Is an electronic ballast really worth the extra cost?
> How can I justify it to my wife?  :)

My husband has two approaches, the first to justify his purchases of
juvenile cichlids, and the second for increasingly expensive pairs of
apistos -

1) "This is a great price.  I'll grow them up a little and turn them
around to a fish store.  Then we can get store credit, and we can buy
what you want with it."

2) "As soon as I get them to breed, I can actually start making money on
my hobby."

I'm not gullible enough to believe his rosy forecasts, but he can
usually convince me that it's just true enough...

Alysoun McLaughlin
alysoun at planetall_com
in Wheaton, Maryland