Re: tank uneven or stand

In a message dated 98-07-14 04:08:30 EDT, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
writes:

<<
 Does anyone know if a 72"x18"x24" tank can be supported on its ends
 only?  The shop I bought it from says that the weight of the water will
 compress the ends of the stand and it will all level out, and that I
 should not try to put anything in the gap under the tank.  I find this
 argument somewhat doubtful >>

What I personally do is put a 1/2 to 3/4 inch piece of plywood under most
of my tanks.  If things are uneven it distributes the unevenness rather than
alowing it to have just one or two high points.

Dennis