Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #382

<< Seeing how nothing was affected, including the algae, I decided to try
 the 4 oz in one whack. Quite by accident, I poured it onto a piece of
 algae covered bog wood, that extended within 3 or 4" of the surface.
 Within 2-3 minutes that spot of algae began to bubble profusely. >>

I'm not a expert in plants, but with microbiology I am familiar.  The blue-
green "algae" is not algae but a anaerobic bacteria (cyano bacteria).
Hydrogen Peroxide kills anaerobic bacteria (that's why it's used on cuts).  It
makes them explode (if I remember) .  I would be interested, but surprised if
it kills real green algae.  If you continue the experiment (adding peroxide
H2O2) to water eventually gives water plus a hydrogen atom - hydrogen gas -
hence the bubbles), adding it slowing and with caution (pH changes), please
let me know what happens.