Re: chelation

> Luca Specchio asked:
> >1) The FeEDTA or any other chelated micronutrients (such as Zn, Cu, Mn
> >etc.) can be adsorbed by plants withOUT waiting that link between EDTA and
> >Fe is broken? I suppose they can.

Someone once told me that the process involved when plant roots get nutrients
from substrate binding sites is called adsorption (with a "d"). As I remember,
the root trades an ion (or proton?) that it has for a nutirient ion like NH4++.

Do plants get chelated ions the same way?  Trade something for the the Fe++ ion
in the chelator, for example?

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado
 Do you want to know how I did it?
  http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/AquaticConcepts