Re: citric acid and iron

>> I recently read something somewhere that left me with the belief that
citric
>> acid contains iron.  Does anyone know for sure, and if so, is it
suitable for
>> inclusion in a homemade PMDD-type regimen?
>
>Citric acid is HOC(CH2COOH)3.
Correct. Citric acid is a relatively weak acid, which doesn't contain any
iron at all. But it's one of the natural chelant that can bind iron and
other metals too. That means that iron linked with citric acid lasts some
hours before being break down by bacteria and set the iron free to
precipitate. EDTA is capable to link iron in a pretty more stable wat than
citric acid.

Sincerely,
Luca Specchio
                \ |
                _\|_
              .' '.' '.        ___     BYE from Luca
            _.|.--.--.|.___.--'___`-.  and his little Goofy !:-))
              |_|   |_|
               `.`-'.'