Re: citric acid and iron

Hello All:

> I recently read something somewhere that left me with the belief
> that citric acid contains iron.  Does anyone know for sure, and if so, is it suitable for
> inclusion in a homemade PMDD-type regimen?

Citric acid contains no iron. You can get ferric citrate. Its about
15% iron. I used it in the first batch of PMDD I mixed up. Don't
bother, its a bitch to dissolve. I only managed to dissolve about 10%
of it leaving it overnight on a magnetic stirrer. Rather use a
commercial chelated iron preperation. These look like custard powder
and dissolve almost instanly. If I can get it in South Africa, you
can get it in the USA

Jacques

Jacques Gerber
Botany Department