Re: KH

> From: "David W. Webb" <dwebb at ti_com>
> Subject: measuring calcium and magnesium
>
> Ah!  I should've kept reading before responding.  I submit that a
> conversion table indicating that 1 dH KH is approximately 17.9 or so ppm
> CO3-- equivalent in alkalinity and don't presume to tell people which they
> should use.

	1 KH is equivalent to approximately 17.9 ppm CaCO3, not 17.9 ppm
CO3--.

> David W. Webb, who also thinks degrees F is more granular and therefore
> better for non-scientific measurements than degrees C and still likes miles
> over kilometers because his speedometer is easier to read that way.  Which
> conveys more meaning?  It's 105F in Dallas today or it's 43C?

	I'm not completely sure, but I think that degrees F and miles
are dead except in the U.S..  It's certainly a very long time since I
saw them in common use anywhere else.  As for U.S. gallons.......     :)

--
Paul Sears        Ottawa, Canada