Hydrogen Peroxide as an oxygenator.

 "Brent Harsh" <> wrote: <<<<<
Subject: CAUTION: Hydrogen Peroxide as an oxygenator.
(...)  Last night, my 2 discus in my heavily planted 55 gal
tank were looking stressed out and I decided to do something about
it.  Over the past few weeks, they have not been eating well, getting
more and more lethargic and more labored breathing. (...)>>>>>>

If the original tank is not having oxygen level problems, you
may now need it to keep it under close observation, since the
problem you describe is compatible with either gill flukes, or
gill ciliates/dinoflagellates. In either case, it  is very likely some
more fishes are infected. In case problems do develop, a treatment
with praziquantel, or flubenol, or Fluke-Tabs will be compatible with
your plants. Do you have a fish health book? It pays itself!
Other symptoms to look for are swollen gills, or breathing from
one gill only.

Dionigi Maladorno
dionigi.maladorno at roche_com
This message presents personal opinions which are not necessarily those
of my employer.