Re: Triton

>Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 14:18:30 -0700
>From: Hoa Nguyen <nguyenh at nosc_mil>
>
>Well, I figure it's time I give the Triton bulbs a try.  I opened up the
>Pet Warehouse catalog, and in the description of the Triton bulb, it says,
>"Requires a fixture with a starter."
>
>What does this mean?  I use electronic ballasts (Coralife Wizzard and
>MagneTek).  Will the Triton bulb work for me?

I have old fashioned tar ballasts and the 40w (48") Tritons work fine for me
without starters. When I had El Cheapo "electronic" shop lights, the Tritons had
a hard time starting AND didn't last very long (< 9 months).

Your results will vary.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado
 Do you want to know how I did it?
  http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/AquaticConcepts