Light and Node Distance

hi all .. i would like to ask if light intensity, spectrum, etc
would affect the way my stem plants grow .. meaning that how light
affects node distance .. i think it was K randall who stated .. that
more blue light makes the plant grow bushy and smaller leaves .. and
shorter nodes .. i would like to establish that my stem plants have
leaves with closely packed nodes this makes a few stalks look like
a bunch of plants clumped together .. PLEASE COMMENT

TIA
MIKE

PS - correct me if im wrong karen