Re: Gravel source

In a message dated 98-06-28 16:16:51 EDT, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
writes:

<<
 . Can anybody share where they
 acquire coarse sand/gravel for a planted tank. I live in southern Ohio, if
 that is relevant.
 Thank you >>

Yes go to your local swimming supply store.  Get the filter gravel
they sell for swimming pool filters.  Also note if you have a Diotomic
filter these places are a lot cheaper than the pet store.

Most of these places sell various grits of the gravel filter media.  I use the
finer however it is finner than most aquarium store gravel.  This is personal
choice on my part.  The other thing is dependent upon the store they will
carry either silica,  red granet or both.  My personal preference is for the
red granet since it is much darker in color.

Dennis