[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Questions about water circulation
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Questions about water circulation
- From: "Louis Lin" <lhclin at aw_sgi.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:32:05 -0400
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest) "Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #336" (Jun 19, 3:48pm)
- References: <199806191948.PAA15286 at acme_actwin.com>
Reid Kerr wrote:
> Rather than using a powerhead to generate flow, would it be possible to
> use a wide, shorter lift tube, with a submersible heater positioned
> directly IN the lift tube? In this way, one might be able to use
> convection to generate EXTREMELY gentle water flow, much more so than
> with any pump. Has anyone contemplated/tried this?
What about having no lift tube, but heaters in the plenum. Wouldn't
it provide both convection and warm feet?
Using a number of small and reliable heaters, it will be several
years before the tank has to be torn down to service the heaters.