Aluminum Plants

>Last saturday, a friend of mine, whom I introduced him to acuatic plants,
went to a local pet store a bought about 10 aluminum plats.  Now, I know
that these plants are often sold as true acuatic, but they are not.  Not
wanting to discourage him I have not told him his mistake.  I have to admit
that his 29G looks good with those bog plants.  What are the chances that
the plants will survive after a few weeks under water?

None.  It is a terrestrial plant and is not adapted to long term submersion.

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association