Re: "Aluminum Plants"

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998 Neil Feliciano wrote:

I think you are really doing your friend a disservice by not telling him the truth that these plants are not true aquatics, and are therefore not going to survive in the long run.  Tell him the truth now and he will thank you for it in the future.

Many of us have made similar mistakes in our early days as aquatic gardeners, and if I were in his shoes, I would rather know the truth.  We don't want him to get discouraged to the point that he gives up the hobby when all his "Aluminum Plants" die and he blames himself.

If he has access to a computer, suggest he join the APD, lurk for a while, read the FAQ's, and start his education in this great hobby.

Regards,

Jay Bickford