Re: shells in gravel in the West

I'd just like to add that I use this same material, RMC Lonestar "Lapis Lustre",
with no problems at all. I use a mix of R.O. and well water and add CO2 and have
a KH of 5 and pH 6.7-7.0. I just went out and took an unused sample of this
gravel, dumped some muriatic acid on top and saw no fizzing whatsoever. Neither
could I discern any broken shell like material. I can't dispute what others have
found so maybe it comes from different areas.