Re: Mailing list vs. newsgroup

Noel Llopis talked about the pros of moving to usenet.

I enjoy the aquatic plant list more than the plant newsgroup.
The quality of the discussions on the mailing list is higher and
there is less noise.  Personally, I found the digest form a pro
and don't mind the lack of threading.

As for moving the list to usenet, I think it is a bad idea.
It will improve the access to some, but at the expense of
degrading the quality of the list.  I would rather see we
explore ways to make the mail list easier to use, without
moving to usenet.

Louis Lin