Re: DIY lights for a 55G

In a message dated 6/7/98 8:54:00 AM, Jay Bickford wrote:

<<Another added benefit of the 48" long tube is that it is also the most
widely used size in commercial and industrial lighting fixtures, and therefore
is also the least expensive to purchase.  The 48" long tube also has the
widest
variety of bulb types available.>>

Absolutely. One of my tanks is a 38G (36" wide by 12") and finding decent
bulbs at a price that won't make me late for my mortgage payment can be
challenging.

All hoods seem to overhang the tanks a bit on  either edge by about an inch.
Nothing to worry about really.

Susan