Re: Amazon Swords (Babies)

>Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 18:08:59 -0400
>From: Frank Jones <fjones at clover_net>
>Subject: Amazon Swords
>
>I have what looks like a "new baby amazon sword" on the tip of one of it's
>long shoots. It is next to the glass so it is up in the water column. It
>has 3 leaves and 2 roots coming off. Should I cut it off and plant it or what?
>
>Frank

Here's what I do.  I wait 'til the baby swords are about 1/4 to 1/3 the length
of it's parent, then I cut the stalk close to the parent's base.  By hand, I
carefully break off the baby plants from the stalk. I usually get about 3 to 4
baby plants per clump.  There's usually several clumps per stalk. Since I waited
until the babies are fairly big, they have already developed roots and are ready
to be planted.  I've gotten hundreds of babies swords this way.
Ron Wozniak  Allentown PA, USA
rjwozniak at lucent_com
AGA member