Re: Seachem

> Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 06:35:08 -0400
> From: Neil Frank <nfrank at mindspring_com>
>
> in promoting the free exchange of information. I personally encourage more
> companies to follow in the footsteps of Tropica and Kent. I can't say that
> I am familar with all the current product labels. Are they any others to be
> congratulated?

A couple of years ago I wrote to Aquarium Pharmaceuticals to ask whether
there was any reason not to use their product Aquatic Plant Stimulant, a
trace element mixture, in aquaria as well as ponds.  I also asked for the
analysis.

I got a good response from someone in the product development lab there.
He said that they had been using it in planted aquaria at the lab with
good results.  He sent me the analysis and said that they would be putting
it on the packaging soon.  The next time I saw some in a store, it did
have the analysis on it.

I don't fertilize my tanks - I'm a low input type and the fish do the
fertilizing for the amount of growth my light levels permit.  For those
who want to try a trace element mix, you might consider this product
since stuff for ponds is often less expensive than the same thing aimed
at aquarium use.