Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #299

>Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 13:16:09 -0700
>From: Roxanne Bittman <RBITTMAN at hq_dfg.ca.gov>
>Subject: Pablo Tepoot's book
>
>Awhile back, I saw a mention of Tepoot's book in
>FAMA along with some beautiful pictures from the
>book.........

You can get the two volumes of Cichlids, Pictorial Guide, by Tepoot, et.
al. through Amazon.com.  The first vol. is $52.00, and the second is
$62.00.

Reid Kerr wrote:

>.....My second problem may be related, but I'm not certain.  I have Water
>Sprite growing both floating, and rooted.  For some time, it grew like
>mad, and all of the growth was green and healthy.  However, during the
>last several weeks, it has changed somewhat.  First, growth has slowed
>somewhat.  Second, my submersed water sprite is developing many holes in
>the leaves, leaving a lace-like effect.  Third, my floating water sprite
>is behaving strangely:  Any leaves which float directly on the surface
>are fine, but any leaves on the same plants which are actually BELOW the
>surface go a sickly looking yellow/brown/black color.......
>Reid

The second problem sounds like potassium deficiency or a combination of
nitrogen and potassium deficiency.

Paul Krombholz, in hot central Mississippi, with a high of 97 yesterday.