Re: funny white spheres and gravel

Roger S. Miller offered...

>They sound like Osmocote (or similar) beads.  The shells are
>permeable plastic and usually a little less than 1/8" in diameter.
>Originally they coated the fertilizer bead, but the fertilizer gradually
>dissolves out, leaving a hollow, white or yellowish brittle sphere.

I forgot to mention, there is no fertilization in the tank.  The substrate
is #16 Silver Sand from the local gravel/cement dealer, with nothing but
fish waste added.  Oddly, I had thought the same thing, as they look to be
about the right size.

Thayer

--

Thayer Syme                                            Model Aviation Homepage
San Francisco      http://www.sirius.com/~thayer/modelhp.html