[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: question on Chroma 50 and how much light?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: question on Chroma 50 and how much light?
- From: "Louis Lin" <lhclin at aw_sgi.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 10:48:11 -0400
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest) "Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #286" (May 26, 3:48am)
- References: <199805260748.DAA28472 at acme_actwin.com>
> BTW, never buy a 36 inch long tank if you can get a 48, the cost of bulbs
> doubles at least.
Agreed. I made a hood for a 24" long tank a while ago. It turns out
the cost of material and time spent is similar to that of building
a hood for a 48" long tank.
The exception is for metal halide lighting. A 36" tank can be
lighted by a single metal halide lamp, while a 48" probably needs