Mopani wood

I'm considering using mapani wood as decoration for an 20H planted tank
but I'm worried about it leaching tannin among other water quality
changin' side effects. Is Mopani wood bad about changing aquarium water
into Lipton tea? If so, would plants help in extracting it as fast as it
is released? Any suggestions on ther types of wood and the sources to
purchase them?
I've got a gut feeling that a 20H and wood for decorations won't mix as
well as using large sedimentary rocks due to the small volume of water.

Thanks

Walta