RE: new tank blues

Hi Doug,

I'm new to the tank stuff too--tank has been planted just over 1 month
now and about 2 weeks ago I had a bad case of hair algae also.  I found
some American flagfish at PetSmart and bout 2 males and 4 females for my
120g tank.  I removed all the hair algae I could by hand then put the
fish in there and I haven't seen any hair algae since.  NOW, I do have
to say that the flagfish do eat a lot of my plants and nibble the
leaves, which irritates me :), but my tank is heavily planted so I guess
it is OK--although it is obvious to me that some of the leaves have been
eaten.  I bought some hornwort just for them to eat, but they prefer the
other stuff!
--
Kelly
mailto:apples at midohio_net