New florecent bulb won't ignite in 2yr old shoplght

I had that problem, too. The lights I had ( may have been the same brand )
only had a little capacitor in it, instead of a real ballast. I found a
specialty light dealer locally that sold me electronic ballasts that are
capable of running 4-48" bulbs, for around $18 ( They were cheaper than
Grainger, if I remember correctly ) I wired the new ballast into the
sockets in the shop light and voila! Plenty of light and no more buzzing! A
ballast for only 2 bulbs would be slightly cheaper.