Erik's Light Survey

I'm considering setting up an old 75gallon tank as my first attempt at
a DIY medium-tech tank. Erik's article is very timely for me. :-) I
have a question about using Watts as a measure of light,
though. Specifically I wonder how things differ between using T12s and
T8s. The T8s have a lower wattage, but can possibly produce more
lumens. Do I just fudge and say any 4' fluorescent bulb is 40W/bulb
and go from there? Do I use the correct wattage for each different
bulb? Do I need to care?

Thanks as always. My tanks don't look like you folks' pictures on the
Web. But they sure look a heck of a lot better than if I didn't have
the APD to read.

Hope you have a very nice day, :-)
Tim Ayers                                        tayers at bridge_com
St. Paul, Minnesota
Bridge, Inc.                                        www.bridge.com