Eclipse Hood lighting arrangement?

I've noticed that the eclipse hood made by Marineland has two tubes of
lights placed right in front of the hood, then the middle is the cover
opening to feed the fish, and the back is the bio-wheel.

Does this hood have a bad design because only the front gets the majority of
the light, while the back ( where the largest plants would be located) will
get the least light?

I do not plan on having a lot of plants anyways and my one tube hood does
not give sufficient light anyways ( but the tube is in the middle of the
hood) and I have given up on making my own hood/

                                    Thanks, any comment would be
appreciated...