Re: Funny little green things

Dave,

> ...water has maybe 300 TINY green dots on it....They  float on the surface in clumps
> of 2-8 globules,
> looking like a micro version of duckweed....
> Does anyone have any idea what they are and what might eat them?

Sounds like Wolffia to me, it is pretty much like duckweed. I've never been able to keep
it in my tanks for any length of time because the fish eat it too fast. I think any fish
that likes greens would tend to munch on it. Rainbows seem particularly fond of it.

Rhonda

--
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/RhondaWilson/
ALA - http://petsforum.com/ala/  PGI - http://www.csi.com/pets/