Funny little green things.

Here is one that is stumping me.  The surface of my water has maybe 300
TINY green dots on it.  The dots are about the size of a period on your
screen (about 300u around, or 500x300u oval).  Under a 30x glass, they
appear to be gelatinous capsules containing yet tinier green spheres (maybe
50 in one capsule).  They  float on the surface in clumps of 2-8 globules,
looking like a micro version of duckweed.   No roots that I could see.
Does anyone have any idea what they are and what might eat them?   I sure
would like to get rid of them.   Dave

--
Dave Gomberg	mailto:gomberg at wcf_com
FormMaestro  <http://www.wcf.com>