Re: Plant substrate [?] mystery- IDIOTIC REPLYS

> Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:45:10 -0400
> From: mason.163 at osu_edu (Matthew T. Mason)
>
> Geez Roger.  Read before you respond.  If your responses are intended to
> bash then do it directly to the source.  There was no reason for your
> response.  Take your crappy response to another list where bashing and
> slander are expected.  Prigs (look up the definition to the word - it does
> not mean what you think it does) are not appreciated here.  It was a
> legitiment post and had enough info for a reasonable response.  I am sure
> that the rest of the APDers would agree.

I for one do not agree.  I read your original question. I read Roger's response.
I read your response.  I think YOU should have read HIS response before you went
ballistic.  Perhaps an apology from you would be in order.

Your question had little if nothing to do with this list other than you used the
word "plant" once or twice. Your problem description lacked precision, to say
the least.  "Everything dies"?

Given the brief description of the problem, I would certainly agree with

  1) Chlorine/chloramine problems

  2) Poor husbandry

as the root cause of your friend's problems.

Since my dictionary describes a "prig" as "one who is precise to an extreme in
attention to principle or duty", I think they are more than welcome on this
list.  I would take that as a compliment.

Well, anyway, good luck getting any other questions answered.

George "substrate heating, CO2 injection and trickle filter prig"