[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: American Flagflish
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com (Aquatic-Plants)
- Subject: Re: American Flagflish
- From: "David W. Webb" <dwebb at ti_com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:33:05 -0600
- Conversation-Id: <BMSMTP893780873133a0206807 at dskmail2_itg.ti.com>
>Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:55:44 -0400
>From: "John & Denise Haydt" <haydt at voicenet_com>
>Subject: Re: American Flagflish
>With all of the Flagfish discussion going on I decided to look it up. Was
>listed in one reference in the 'Toothed Carp' family. One LFS guy told me
>it was a Cichlid. An APDer called it a Killiefish. Anyone care to clear
There is a Flag Cichlid. This is a South American species.
However, the American Flagfish is Jordanella floridae, a Killifish, or
Egg-laying Toothed Carp.
To me, flagfish look like brightly colored mollies, except they're killies
instead of livebearers.
David W. Webb