Re:AC in tank

>A pH monitor is a VERY sensitive circuit. I wonder if the design is
>correct and
>robust enough? I wonder if there are ground loop problems involved (improper
>isolation of the PC power supply and the probe circuitry)?

I have been in touch with Hanna  Well there suggestion was to ground the
tank to the rs232 ground. I did and no better. But while I was at it I
figured I would ground it to
 everything I could. I even did the old coil of the probe line around a
 troid. Nothin'...then as I was moving the alligator clip off the BNC, I
 touched it to the probe shield, and voila, its stable. Told Hanna about
the solution.

Thanks George, and David. It really is a neat device.....NOW

Best to you

Ric Cooney
RicCooney at Worldnet_att.net

"Any technology sufficiently advanced, is indistinguishable from magic."
Albert Einstein, (I think)