Plant problem

Hi

This is my first post to this list, but I've been lurking around for quite
awhile.
I'm having problems with my planted tank and hope you guys can help.

It's a 29 high that has been sutup for about 8 months.
Plain gravel substrate with laterite balls and flourish tabs added every 2
weeks.
DIY Co2 (2 bottles) injected through the intakes of 2 powerheads.
Filtration is from 2 Aquaclear 200 power filters, no charcoal.
PH 7.0-7.2
Nitrites 0
Ammonia 0
Phosphates 0 (I use a phosphate remover regularly)
Iron .1
I use Kent Freshwater Plant Supplement and Flourish Iron (both at 1/2
suggested dosage)
145 watts flourescent light (2 Design50's HO's, 1 Chroma50 HO, 1
plant/aquarium, 1 Gro-n-Sho) on for 10 hours a day.
Temperature 76f-82f (I'm having trouble with the heat from the lights, need
to add a second fan)
Weekly water changes of about 20%
Light to moderate fish load.

My problem is, first, the edges of the leaves on my Hygrophila Difformis
turn black soon after they sprout, the only ones that are green are the ones
that are less than 2 days old, this thing has tripled in size in about 3
weeks.
Second the Corkscrew Vals seem to be reproducing quickly but the older ones
are all melting.
The Amazon Swords seem to be doing great, they had some brown spots on the
leaves when I brought them home but it's not getting any worse and new
leaves are sprouting all the time.
Everything else is doing good except for some algae growing on some of the
leaves.  I'm going to set up the light timers so I have 70w for 2 hours,
145w for 7 hours and 70w for 1 hour, hoping to slow down the algae.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Bob