Meatal Halide lighting/crawfish

After reading the post from Robert Marshall about www.aquaticlight.com and
looking at there web sight I am curious about MH lighting too. Because of
the high costs I have never even considered them. Now I would like to add a
couple of questions.

1. How hot are the bulbs? Are they two hot to put in an enclosed wooden hood
sitting directly on a tank? To much heat build up?

2. I saw someone mention the noise from the ballast's. Are they noisy?

Also wanted to say thanks for all the crawfish info! I think I will take the
little guy back home before he starts causing any trouble. I hope he enjoyed
his vacation!

Jeff <*\\><
 Mt. 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me,
and I will make you fishers of men.
www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"