quick question

Could I squeeze in a quick question. I recently switched to bottled co2, nupro
needle etc. The pH won't come down below 7.5. My plants are doing poorly and
at 1 bubble/sec I guess I should have better results. The yeast worked fine.
Is it possible the co2 is bad? Filled at fire extinguisher shop. I notice the
bubbles do not lessen in size like I've read other people have witnessed. I've
tried all sorts of diffuser tricks too like holding the bubbles, ultra fine
dispersion, with no change in results..
Bruce