plant eating crawfish?

This may be a bit off topic. While collecting some plants yesterday in a
local spring a crawfish backed out of his lair and is now in one of my
tanks. I posted a note in the NG about what to feed him. (BTW he seemed to
love the shrimp pellet) Someone wrote back and said that they were plant
eaters! Has anyone on the list had any experience with crawfish eating
plants? The reply said they will use their claws to cut off the plants and
then eat them. Doesn't sound right to me but now I am wondering.

Jeff <*\\><
 Mt. 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me,
and I will make you fishers of men.
www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"