Are these Ballast that easy to install?

Thanks to all that gave me help on my recent post on DIY hoods and
lights.

I just have a couple things that I am still confused.
-Are these ballast that easy to install ( an electronic, instant start
ballast) because I went to a hardware store to see one for my self
and they look crazy, with all these wires coming out. I know there is
instructions on the ballast but can anyone figure out what goes where?
-if I build a hood with waterproof endcaps and ballast outside of the hood,
then I don't need any glass to protect the tubes? is that right.
But with my other hood, when I open the lid there is condensation
everywhere, wouldn't algae grow on the tube itself and block the light
coming out?