Re: Fe Levels and Conversions

>Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 15:16:56 -0400
>From: "Ken Guin" <kenguin at homemail_com>
>
>I tested my aquarium last night, and there was
>no sign of Fe in the water column.

I've seen cases where quite a bit of iron has to be added to the water before it
starts to register on a test kit. I don't know if it is being percipited out by
something in the water or it is used up by voracious iron-starved plants or
what.

Are there any chemical filtration products in the system? Any UV sterilyzers?
You might try adding some PMDD to plain water in a bucket and check the results.
Do you have a decent, fresh test kit?

George