MagnaTek VHO ballast usage??

I have 2 VHO ballasts which I am not quite sure what to do with.  They are
intimidating little boogers.  They are labeled 120 Volts, 60 Hz, 3.5 Amps,
output voltage 530 Volts.  Class P.

The first is a MagneTek Universal 931-LH-TC-P
1500 MA rapid start ballast for two F96 or F72PG, VHO, SHO, T10, or T10J
lamps.  minimum starting temp -20 F

On the label it also says in finer print......
UL listing includes two >> 185 or 195 Watt 8 Foot F96-T12 or F96 PG-17 lamps
maximum current 1600 MA-lowest ambient temp +60 F.

The other is a GE Bonus Line ballast with similar listings.

Question is:  what the heck can I use these for?  96 or 72 inches seem a bit
long.  If anyone knows where I could look to gauge interest in these heavy
brutes, please drop me a note.