plant terms

Hi all,

I'm looking at web sites that sell plants and need some help as to what
these terms mean and which way to buy the plants is the best.    What is
the difference in bunch, portion, stem, root, bare root, potted and
bulb?  Which way is the best?  This is a new 120g tank--how many plants
should I start off with?  When getting the plants is it esential to
order them by next day service or is 2-3 days good enough?

Thanks,
--
Kelly
mailto:apples at midohio_net