lighting

Hi all,

Been here awhile but this is my first post. I need some advise and all would
be appreciated.

Im setting up a new plant tank and am having problems with lighting, its a
rather large tank and flouresents just wont fit frankly so im thinking about
metal halide,heres the thing the one ive found that i like has a color
signatue of 7000k, is this okay or will I get tall stringy plants?

My new tank is 120 gal. 5' long 18" wide and tall not sure how tall. the
metal halide comes in 600 watt or 1000 watt configurations only a few
dollars differance. can you have to much light?

Thanks in advance for your help, great list

Oh btw ill be using co2 injection.

Barry Barlow
bbarlow at camcomp_com