re: new member

Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 23:30:44 -0500
From: Ed Hengel <hengel at computer_net>
Subject: re: new member

>"Obviously
>these people are dumb.  The girl behind the counter was on her second day.
>Poor thing.  I say, so how much are those plants there? As I point to the
>anubias...she goes I'm not sure, but let me check...and calls to some
>other idiot. They don't know and I point to the $1.49 sticker and say,
>that looks to be it if I may so! Ok, they say, how many would you like? I
>say I'll have them all.  I got 35 of these Anubias for $1.49.  I cooked
>out of there and it made my day!
---------------------------------
Oh, and what are you going to do with this vast bounty of yours?  I
don't know about you, but since joining the local aquarium society club
in my area, I've donated a bag or two of extra plants for their monthly
meeting's raffles each month.

I hope your store doesn't have to close it's doors just because too many
people are taking advantage of it's employees who are ignorant (that is,
lacking knowledge about something - I wouldn't call that "dumb") about
the different species of fish and plants that the store carries.  No one
is born with full knowledge of how to distinguish on plant over
another.  Anubias plants are expensive to the stores too!

If you returned those plants back to the store and told them what
happened; now there's something to boast about!  I bet the store would
consider you an "honest" customer and perhaps give you a break on
something when you need it - ie, something breaks, or a fish gets sick
and you need some medication ASAP.

No one is perfect (certainly not me), but generosity is often better
than greed! :)
--
Walter P. Wu
chunker at geocities_com

webpage: http://home.att.net/~chunker/
(discus fish, autographs, and photos of China)