resources?

	Hi folks,
	I am in the process of setting up a standard 55 gal.
	for plants and a small population of natives. I am having
	a hell of a time finding Laterite or a suitable alternative.
	Also, has anyone tried adding crushed red lavarock to the
	bottom third of the substrata as a supplament for iron?
	just a thought, as I am unsure of whether it also has
	undesirable elements.I am also hesitante to spend the money
	on heating cables, what if any are the alternatives?
	Thankx, Daryl