Discus and hard water

Toan <ucmagguy at inetworld_net>,

I don't know much about keeping Discus so I hope someone else will
answer this too. I would try soaking a small bag of peat in your water
change water. This will give it a nice yellow color and should reduce
the pH nicely to a very comfortable Discus level. You can check it for
pH before adding to the tank to see how much effect the peat is having.
I'm sure the tannic acid in the peat won't hurt the Discus. I don't know
if the yellow color of the water will bother you but take comfort that
it is good for the Discus.

Steve