Lamp Life

I found an interesting statement in the information bulletin for the
Sylvania Designer 865 Fluorescent lamps(6500K). They state that
because of the new phosphors in these lamps over 90% of the initial
lamp lumens will be maintained at 40% of the rated life. For the 40W
T-12(F40/D865), which has a rated life of 20,000hrs, this works out to
1.8 years if you run your lights 12hrs/day. I guess this means we
could use these lamps at least 18 months before replacing them.
==
Jim Spencer
Sayre, PA