Re: Green Light

your biology book discussing?  The point some people are trying to make
here is that perhaps aquatic plants behave somewhat differently from
terrestrial plants.>>>

I see. Hoa, good point. If they do behave differently, then what is causing
that? I mean, if they are relfecting most of the green light, then what is
stinulating the responses? Are these responses significant?

Afterall, green light is the most abundant component in sun light, and the
one our eyes are most sensitive to also.>>>

No arguements. Good point.

They grow under water!  So instead of the forest canopy leaves filtering
the light, we have water filtering the light.>>>>>

But forests canopies filter a differnt type of light that water does. Green
light reaches the understories because is lease useful (hmmm we are going in
circles). Blue light (actually closer to purple) is the one that reaches the
depth of many water bottoms, shortest wave lengths... yada, yada, yada...
But then again, is the amount of light flitered by water even significant? Is
there a need to be concern about this? Coming to think of it, why the hack are
we disscussing this? And this is such a circular subject too.

trying to bring out some facts that some people might have missed when
discussing this issue.>>>>

Thanks Hoa, for bringing some 'light' on this.