[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: aquatic-plants <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: "Ghost Shrimp"
- From: Michael Goggin 423-882-4594 <GOGGIN_MT at A1_RSCC.CC.TN.US>
- Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 20:58:26 -0400 (EDT)
- A1-type: MAIL
- Alternate-recipient: prohibited
- Hop-count: 1
- Importance: normal
- MR-Received: by mta RSCC1; Relayed; Sun, 15 Mar 1998 19:15:13 -0400
- Posting-date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 21:15:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Sensitivity: Company-Confidential
- UA-content-id: C392ZXHGSXRWT
- X400-MTS-identifier: [;31519151308991/1138392@RSCC]
I'm not sure what species or variety of "Ghost Shrimp" or "Glass
Shrimp" I have, but here are two observations on them:
1) They attack me when I'm working in the aquarium they are
housed in. They swim up and pinch my hand! OK - it isn't real
painful or anything but they are very aggressive little guys.
2) By chance, one night, I shined a small flashlight into their
aquarium (the power was out) and the only things I saw were their
very very brightly lit little orangish eyes reflecting back at me.
Maybe this is why they're called "Ghost Shrimp" - very eerie!
Mike Goggin in Tennessee <goggin_mt at a1_rscc.cc.tn.us>