Actinic Bulbs

>My local aquarium shop has discontinued stocking Triton bulbs and have
>started carrying bulbs from URI (Ultraviolet Resources International).  The
>type they carry is Acintic White and Super Acintic White.  I can't find any
>info on these bulbs.  Does anyone on the list recommend/use the Acintic
>White.
>Thanks
>John Riggs

I use the AquaSun bulbs from URI (Ultraviolet Resources International). The actinic bulbs are used mainly for Marine Reef tanks. They give off alot of blue light. I would ask your dealer to carry the AquaSun bulbs for use with plant tanks. Or ask them to carry the VitaLite Bulbs. Both of these types are full light spectrum bulbs.
Hope this helps.
Kevin Newsome