Yamatos

>rather short, and they don't eat red algae.  I'm hoping that the Yamato
>numa-ebi will at least live longer

Andrew,
just a note on these Yamatos....
I brought 100 back from Japan in June last year (cost about US$1 each
then). I can say that i've still got about 25% of them left after nearly 1
year. Which kinda gives u an idea that they can live for at least a year or
more! :-)
Besides,these survivors are now about 2inches in size!!! I've seen them
with eggs under the females many a times but from what i heard,they seem to
breed in marine environment.:-(

Khew

http://www.singnet.com.sg/~khewss/